I have known Caroline for many years as a book rep. She is wonderfully enthusiastic about her lists and always goes out of her way to be as helpful as possible. You can rely on her services. ~ Henrietta Dax, Owner, Clarke’s Bookshop, Cape Town
Throughout my career I’ve gathered experience in most aspects of the publishing industry. Over the years I’ve built excellent relationships with bookshop managers as well as book buyers in non-trade outlets (boutiques, restaurants, wine farms, and so on). Let me represent you to bookshops and non-trade outlets in the Western Cape (primarily) and Johannesburg, Durban and the Garden Route.
- Subscribe new and existing titles on a monthly basis to trade bookshops and non-trade outlets (e.g. curio shops, wine farms, coffee shops, boutiques, wellness centres).
- Check, replenish and merchandise stock.
- Originate and send Subs and Stock Lists by email to bookshops and non-trade outlets in outlying areas.
- Follow-up on orders by phone.
- Provide monthly reports on sales, market trends, suggestions, perception of the product and sell-through.
Fees: Commission basis.
Expenses: Any travel outside Cape Town.